Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Our Photo Project



I have been trying to think of ways to engage our students, parents and whanau with our learning through our class blog. 
Recently I came across this blog http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.co.nz/ from a teacher in America. She has a page where her students, parents, family, and relatives can contribute photos. http://yollis365project.blogspot.co.nz/ I thought this was a very cool idea. It would provide a way for students and families to connect and share learning, and could also provide a great inspiration for writing in our class. 
Please get involved, take photos and encourage others to too!  Have a look at Mrs Yollis' page to get some ideas. You could use a camera, iPad or phone. What would make an interesting photo?

Check it out at the tab at the top of the page or click 

Email your photos to me at snicholas@auroa.school.nz
ANYONE can share their photos with me.

Make sure you include the following information:
1. An interesting photo
2.Who took the photo
3. A few sentences about the photo- (think- who, what, when, where, why)  

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Nicholas,

    Thanks so much for the kind words! That was nice to read!

    I am on the fourth year of the project and I love it more each day. It provides so many writing opportunities for my students!

    Best of luck!

    ~Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment! I really hope you don't mind us borrowing your idea. I came across your blog from Myles' page earlier in the week and I was really inspired by your photos. I think teaching at a junior level/ beginning school level, it can be difficult to get children and families involved in the blog at home. Since I set up the separate photo page, the class are getting really involved in the blog outside of school, and sharing their learning at home. Photos are also a medium that young children can create without much support! My children have been enjoying looking at your page and hope to contribute some of their photos too! They will be so excited to find we have a comment from the other side of the world.
      Miss Nicholas
      Auroa

      Delete

Please leave a comment, Room 8 loves to read them. Make sure you leave your name!